Farr 36OD WAR PONY
Challenging, rewarding, and more importantly, "crazy fun." War Pony offers committed sailors a unique racing experience. Want a boat that can handle 300 miles in a day and hours of surfing at sea? Give some thought to War Pony.
Notably the boat was the OYRA, Off Shore Season Champion for two years in a row. This boat is carbon stiff, super seaworthy and very competitive. The boat was raced in the Pacific Cup to Hawaii two times: 2010, and 2014. Elapsed time in 2010 was 8 days, 17 hours — a new record for a less than 40’ boat — A record that still stands. In the 2014 Pacific Cup the owner and his fiance double handed the boat to Hawaii.
The boat also comes with a like-new 2 axle Triad Trailer and spare tire.
|Propeller Type||Folding propeller|
Hull/Deck Construction Details
SP Systems' Epoxy/Carbon/Foam/Balsa Composite Wet Prepreg, Vacuum Bagged Laminate Composite Structural Liner incorporating Integral Keel Socket Retractable Carbon High Aspect Foil Integral Weed Cutter, Lead Bulb
- 2010, Custom Carbon dodger for ocean sailing, removable.
- Lifting keel system for trailering
- Carbon Fiber keel fin w/lead bulb
- Topsides Original Gel Coat White.
- Bottom Paint, New mast paint, Bay Marine 2013
- Custom Carbon chart table
- Built in bucket holder
- Four Pipe Berths
- Molded Sink
- Storage Below Forward Berths
- Extensive electrical improvements
- USB to Serial Link so that Nema 183 feeds to Expedition instruments
- New Sony stereo with Ipod aux connection.
- 150 Watt Multi Crystalline solar panel with all mounts and wiring to controller.
- Xantrax power consumption battery monitoring unit.
- 12 Volt DC Distribution Panel
- Two Batteries, one 80 amp hour deep cycle and one starting battery with isolation switch.
- 4 interior dome Lights converted to LED
- ISAF Approved Running Lights converted to LED
- New Traveler Harken Track and Car 2012
- All new spin sheets (two sets), tack lines (2), halyards, and Main sheet. New PBO back stay with spare.
- Jib Inhaul, new line 2011
- Metal Tiller modified with new Spinlock removable extension.
- Adjustable Athwart ship Jib Track
- Spinlock Rope Clutches for Halyards
- Most deck hardware Harken, 2012
- Custom Tapered Pulpits and Stanchions
- Lifelines: Stainless 1x19 Wire
- Round 22" Diameter Forward Hatch, 2013
- Opening Ports in Cockpit (2) 5"x12"
- MOM Man Overboard Gear
- Primaries Lewmar, non self tailing
- Halyards Lewmar
- Mainsheet Self Tailing Lewmar
- Five Winch Handles
Spars & Standing Rigging
Hall Spars custom carbon fiber mast, 2-swept back spreaders. Aluminum Boom with Single Reef Lock Off , Mast and Boom repainted with Awlgrip 2014, shiny black.
- Custom Integral Hydraulic Mast Jack, removes from boat with quick connect.
- Adjustable Mast step
- Discontinuous Rod Rigging
- Ronstan Calibrated Turnbuckles
- Rigid Black Boom Vang
- Harken Carbo Headstay Foil
- Carbon Fiber Sprit
- Single Magic Wheel Backstay Adjuster
- Traveler Control
- Sprit Control Line
- Spar Aluminum boom
- 2:1 Main Halyard
- 2 - Jib Halyards
- 2 - Spinnaker Halyards, Masthead Halyard. and Mainsheet, replaced 2010 & 2014, see pictures
- New Jib Sheets
- Spinnaker Sheets
- Jib Controls
- Spinnaker Twing Lines
- Asymmetric Spinnaker Tack Line
- Reef Line
- Jack Lines with firm pad eye attachment points.
- Quantum Carbon fusion Main, 2010, two reef points, still in good shape.
- Quantum Fusion #2, 2011 Tafeta one side – good shape.
- Quantum Fusion M Light Jib, 2013, hardly ever used no Taffeta. Deep draft.
- Quantum A2, Blue masthead, 2010, good condition.
- Quantum, A1, Red, Masthead, 2013, in light air can sail almost 70 TWA like code Zero. Won Vallejo overall 2013, one year with this sail. Almost new.
- Quantum, A5, White, 2013, Fractional, Bullet proof ocean sail heavy weather surfing.
- Quantum, A2.5, 2014, Fractional, for shorthanded sailing, 2014 almost new.
- Quantum, Staysail with furler, used only in 2010 Pac Cup.
- Quantun 2014, Jib Tob, Carbon Fiber
- 3DL North, Main, delivery sail.
- Quantum A1, white masthead, 2004 bought with the boat, nice practice sail.
- Storm Dacron trysail
- Storm Headsail with cable pennant
- Many other sails suitable for practice, delivery and daysailing
Spares & Other Features
- Triad Trailer: Like new, includes spare tire
- Complete custom canvas cover in two halves front and back, new
- 1 - Carbon Fiber Hatch Board
- Mast Supports for Transport
- Main Sail Cover
- Companionway Cover
- Cockpit Bags
- Bilge Pumps
- Lifelines; new 2013
- Bottom & Foils; faired 2014
- Two Fortress aluminum anchors with rode
THIS BOAT IS SUBJECT TO A CENTRAL LISTING AGREEMENT WITH SAIL CALIFORNIA AND IS NOT OFFERED FOR SALE BY FARR YACHT SALES. Farr Yacht Sales is providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.
The mission statement from Farr International, Inc was for a strict one-design that combines high quality design and construction, superb performance, offshore capability, excellent transportability, with reasonable cost and without the influence of any handicap rule constraints.
What the innovators at Farr Yacht Design, Ltd. came up with is quite possibly the fastest fixed keel (while sailing) sport boat designed to date less than 40 feet! Farr Yacht Design spent over a year on this project with over 2000 hours of research and design work to make sure the design promised nothing less than pure adrenalin pumping fun.
This is a totally new and modern design from the designers at Farr. Built in Carbon and San foam it displaces just 3,059kgs, flies 89 square meters of sail upwind, and 220 square meters downwind on a retractable bowsprit with 7/8 fractional carbon rig, swept back spreaders and no runners. Drawing 2.59 meters, with 10 meters on the waterline this boat is fast and stable upwind and a pure rocket downwind. It is also the first boat in its class to meet the new ORC/EEC mandatory liferaft storage rules for offshore racing.
One of the most interesting options on the boat has nothing to do with racing at all but everything to do with getting to them. The keel hydraulically retracts to meet a generally accepted 13.5' trailer height in most areas. Take off the rudder and it will even go lower. This is also good for those that moor in shallow areas, but take heed, this is for transport and mooring, not sailing.
Tooling for the design was machine milled at DK Composites in Malaysia who are also building the first hull. This will insure the strictest tolerances are met for fair class racing around the world.
— from Farr Yacht Design